Dinghy racing notes
- Minimum number of starters for a race is 3
- Ties will be dealt with in accordance with Racing Rules of Sailing A7 and A8
- It shall be the sole responsibility of each competitor (or in the case of under 18s, parent or guardian) to decide whether or not to start or to continue to race. In addition members are reminded that a rescue boat may not always be in attendance.
- Ducklings Trophy entrants must be aged 16 or under on the day of the race.
- In the event that the OOD considers either a competitor to be incapable of coping with the conditions or his boat to be unsafe, he may refuse entry to a race. Under other circumstances 3) above applies. (This clause shall not be construed however as placing any responsibility on the OOD to ensure that competitors or boats are capable for the conditions).
- Full Sailing Instructions are available here (2010 version).
Our starting signals are:
- 5 minutes Warning signal
- 4 minutes Preparatory signal
- 1 minute signal
i.e. all as per 2013-2016 Racing Rules of Sailing
Races to Count for Dinghy Racing Trophies
1 race sailed - 1 to count
2-3 races sailed - 2 to count
4 races sailed - 3 to count
5 races sailed - 4 to count
6 races sailed - 5 to count
7-8 races sailed - 6 to count
9-10 races sailed - 7 to count
11-12 races sailed - 8 to count
All races will be sailed using Portsmouth Yardstick numbers for classes of boats will be as set out in the current RYA PY scheme YR2 or as agreed by the Committee.
The Ladies' Trophy will be awarded to the Lady with the best results in the Regatta
IYRU racing rules for 2013-2016 can be found here.
Page last updated: 29 January 2013